find your dive site
What makes travelling diver guides unique?
join the team
partners & links
reviews and awards
register and win
blank log refill`s
1. We take our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and all related regulations ("the Act") very seriously and have taken steps to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Act.
What Personal Data do we collect and why
3. When you register and use the Sites, we will ask you to provide certain data, such as your contact details and demographic information. We may supplement the information that you provide us with information we receive from our Service Providers and/or other third parties.
4. The principal purposes for which we process and store your Personal Data are:
Full details of the purposes are set out in our Data Protection registration.
- to allow us to inform you of options available to you via this and other Sites
- to speed up the application process and other forms on our Sites saving you time in filling in those details
- to monitor, improve and administer the Sites and the services provided on the Sites
- to enable our Partners to assist in providing you with options and solutions
- to enable us to conduct surveys and aggregate user profiles
- to enable us to conduct prize draws which you have entered via the Sites
- to provide you with information on selected products and selected services that we think may be of interest to you (unless you have asked us not to do so)
- to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
5. To enable us to provide the services available on the Sites and to monitor and improve the Sites, we may gather certain information about you, including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, the details of the web site you linked from to the Sites.
Security of your Personal Data
7. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data including the use of encryption technology, but cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default.
Communication between us and you
8. We may intercept, record and/or monitor any communication(s) (including telephone calls or other electronic communications) between you and us. We may do so in order to resolve queries in the future and for the purposes of ensuring security, staff training and complying with our regulatory and legal responsibilities. We will use the most convenient medium to reach you with suitable information or offers. This may include mail, SMS text, email or phone.
9. In the case of communications by email you should note that not all of our emails currently encrypted (and may therefore be intercepted by third parties) and as the identity of the sender cannot be confirmed you must NOT provide your security details by email and should avoid providing any Personal Data to us by email. We will not provide Personal Data to you by email.